Allyn and Associates
Jim and Kathy Allyn

Some things you’ll need for your VA loan!


What do I need for a VA loan?

Since we speak to a lot of veterans in our business, and in our daily lives, we get a lot of questions about buying a home with a VA loan.   The Veterans Affairs backed loan is a great way for a veteran of the United States military to purchase their home.

It can be a pretty tricky process, but if you plan ahead, you can be ready when the right home comes along.  To get started on the process, you will need two government forms.

  1. Your DD-214 (typically requires an Honorable discharge). If you don’t have a copy of your DD-214 visit:
  1. A Certificate of Eligibility. You can order this at

It can take a few weeks to receive these items even if you request them online, so it’s best to have them ready when you speak to a lender.  Your loan officer will be able to guide you through the credit requirements, property eligibility and more.

As always, if have any questions about buying a home with a VA Loan give us a call!



Leave a Comment